An index of posts, threads and pages related to seamanship, safety, equipment and boats.
Follow the advice at your own risk!
- On single handed sailing on the Spearhead Blog.
- Royal Institute of Navigation - Guidance on the use of Electronic Navigation Systems
- World Sailing Special Regulations, a guide to equipment etc.
From the Sancerre blog:
Sailing round GB:
- General tips, planning and index including:
- Mainsail Reefing Systems & operation.
- Main Boom Preventers.
- Storm Jibs
- Halyard Diverters - required, at least on the A9m
- Anchors, Drogues & Emergency Steering.
- Self Steering Systems.
- Low level riding (anchor) lights.
- Pyrotechnics or Electronics for Emergency / Distress Signalling?
- First Aid Kits.
- Rigging Spinnaker Sheets